Oshan: Natural Hawaiian Beauty
Welcome to the first installment of “The Goods.” This is where we are the guinea pigs and test out different products on ourselves so we can report back to you what we think of these products in an honest way. That way you don’t have to waste your money on something you may not like, because we are going to do that for you.
First up is Hawaiian brand Oshan Essentials' ‘Ele Face Wash. What I love about this face wash is that it is designed to remove the residue of sunscreen, with a combination of Hawaiian sandalwood powder and activated coconut charcoal that draws out the impurities left on your skin.
It also has:
- Hawaiian sandalwood, which boosts luminosity and flawlessness.
- Frankincense, which balances pH and promotes rapid cell turnover to catalyze production of healthy new skin cells.
- Juniper berry, which acts as an astringent and antiseptic to quickly reverse the effects of age and environmental factors.
- Vetiver, which encourages the growth of new tissues and protects infected areas from harmful microbes. With a sweet, earthy smell, vetiver is soothing, cooling and calming.
- Hemp Oil, which is a nutrient-rich moisturizer that hydrates all types of skin and has high amounts omega-3, -6, and -9s.
I have spent many years traipsing around the world to exotic locations and have spent a lot of time in the sun. I’m not trying to make you jealous, I’m just saying that I have worn a lot of sunscreen over the years, and lately I have been wearing mineral-based sunscreens after learning about all the crazy chemicals in most standard sunscreens. Even though I feel better using mineral-based sunscreens, it is a pain in the a$$ trying to get that sunscreen off your face.
This face wash is awesome. It not only removed the mineral sunscreen from my face, it was super sudsy and moisturizing. I kind of felt like I was at a spa using it. It truly does feel luxurious. And I am a sucker for anything black, so that just makes it even cooler in my book. So, final thoughts: I loved it! It cleaned my face really well, and I felt really fancy using it. And I have a lifelong love affair with Hawaii, so it truly can’t get any better than that.
Written By: Megan Villa